Kimberly is a 19-year-old jewelry artist, soap maker, and crocheter. She lives happily with her boyfriend in northern Minnesota.
This is a very simple and quick pattern to make. It's perfect for last minute gift, or if you just want some quick, cute washcloths for your home! This can be done in any color of cotton yarn, but you will want to make sure it is cotton. In this pattern, I used the brand peaches and cream, which can be found at your local Walmart.
Supplies and Abbreviations
Here are some tools you will need.
- Cotton yarn, under 1 skein. I used strawberry stripes in this pattern.
- H crochet hook
- Darning needle for weaving ends
DC: Double crochet
BPHDC: Backpost half double crochet
SC: Single crochet
Slst: Slip stitch
Row 1: DC into third ch from hook, and in each ch across, turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, BPHDC in each stitch across, turn.
Row 3: Ch 2, DC in each stitch across, turn.
Row 4: Ch 1, BPHDC in each stitch across, turn
Rows 5–17: Repeat rows 3 and 4. Don't tie off.
- At the end of row 17, Ch 1 and add a SC edging down the side. 1 SC per HDC row, 2 SC per DC row.
- At the bottom Ch 1 and 1 SC per beginning chain.
- Ch 1 and repeat the edging you did on the opposite side.
- Once back at the top Ch 1, and then 1 SC per stitch of your last row. Join to beginning of edging with a slst.
- Tie off.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern and happy stitching!