Self-taught crochet artist. I've made things from beanies to change purses to sweaters.
How Do You Make a Bobble Stitch in Crochet?
The bobble stitch is essentially six double crochet stitches all folded into one. Here's how to do it!
Start the Double Crochet
- To start, yarn over and start the double crochet.
- Pull up the loop and yarn over again.
- Pull the yarn over two stitches but don't finish the double crochet, leaving the first loop on the hook.
- You should now have two stitches on the hook.
Then you'll do the same thing again:
- Push the hook through the same stitch as the first one, then yarn over.
- Pull up a loop through the stitch, then yarn over.
- Pull through two stitches.
- You should now have three loops on the hook.
Repeat Three More Times, Then Finish the Bobble
- Do this three more times until you have six loops on the hook.
- Yarn over one more time and pull through all six loops.
- Finish the bobble with a single crochet in the next stitch of the project—and you're done!
Evelyn Williamson (author) from Ohio on April 11, 2019:
No problem. Glad I could help.
Ninia Dilsiz on April 11, 2019:
Thanks for the info!
The video was especially helpful for me!