Easy DIY Chalk Paint Recipe
Chalk paint is a great option for furniture and other household crafts. The thick formula makes it easy to apply without having to sand or prime the wood first. This instantly saves a few hours off of any project making chalk paint an excellent option for a quick flip. It is my go-to paint for any of my furniture restorations.
So what happens when you're working on a project and you need a specific chalk paint color? The local hardware store doesn't have it in stock and waiting a few days for it to be delivered is not an option. (It's actually never an option, I'm the instant gratification type).
Here is a quick 3-step DIY Chalk Paint recipe that is so easy to make that my dog can do it (and he doesn't even have thumbs).
DIY Chalk Paint
- 3 Tablespoons Plaster of Paris
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Cup Latex Paint
- Plastic spoon
- Mix water and Plaster of Paris.
- Add paint.
- Mix thoroughly. I use a plastic spoon to mix.
Tips & Tricks:
- The quantity of paint is adjustable. Just make enough for what you need!
- Mix thoroughly to ensure all of the Plaster of Paris is distributed evenly.
Where and What to Buy:
I bought my supplies from Home Depot. Here is what I purchased and how much it cost:
- Carton of Plaster of Paris:$7
- Behr Color Sample: $2