I am a fashionista trained in fashion buying and fashion design.
Throw a Roaring 1920s Speakeasy-Themed Party
So for New Year's this year, my friends and I got together and threw a Roaring Twenties speakeasy-themed party at my friend's bar. So we're like, "Hey you guys don't normally do anything, can we throw a party?" And that's what we did!
In this video, I'm going to show all the different DIYs that we put together for the party, things that we used to decorate the tables and all that kind of stuff.
You Need Spray Painted Bottles
So the first DIY are these bottles that we use for the centerpiece for all the tables. I saved up a bunch of wine bottles, doesn't matter the shape or anything like that, actually different shapes kind of made it more fun!
Our color scheme was black white and gold so I spray-painted all the bottles black and then I also did a bunch of feathers.
I was originally looking for black feathers but couldn't find them, so spray-painting them was my second option. I actually ended up liking them better though because once they were painted and dry you could still see some of the color underneath when you twisted the feathers.
So for each table I placed a bottle with a feather inside and either white or gold beads wrapped around the neck of the bottle.
1) Gold Spray Painted Bottles With Necklaces
2) Black Spray Painted Bottles With Necklaces
3) Spray Pained Bottles With Table Numbers
4) Feathers, Necklaces and Bottles
5) Large Feather Placed Inside Spray Painted Bottle
6) Use Mod Podge to Place 1920s Actors on Bottles
Great Gatsby Dessert Table
Check out these amazing ideas so you can create a magical dessert table for your Great Gatsby-themed New Years Eve party!
7) Classic White Cake Pops
8) White Donuts and Gold Bon-Bons
9) New Year's Eve Dessert Table With Gold Sequin Tablecloth
10) "Sweeteasy" Poster for Dessert Table
11) Ostrich Feathers for Dessert Table
12) Pretzel Stick Dessert Cigars
Great Gatsby Table Centerpieces
Today we're going to be making more centerpieces that I used for my Gatsby party, except these are really inexpensive. I took these old wine bottles, spray painted them and added some embellishments to make them look pretty. You can use them as either candle holders or vases.
13) White Candle on Gold Necklace
14) Glass Cylinders Filled With Black and Gold Baubles
15) Gold Glass Votives
16) Gold Candles With White Flowers
17) Large white Flower Bouquets
18) Large Red Flower Table Centerpiece
19) Large Branch Table Centerpiece
20) Black Branch Table Centerpiece With Ostrich Feather
How to Make Golden Buttercream Cupcakes
So today guys I'm going to show you how to make golden cupcakes. So I had this again in my mind for a while. I've never really seen a golden cupcake where the whole cake looks golden, so today let me show you how to make one!
21) Buttercream Cupcakes With Mini Feathers
22) Silver and Gold Cupcakes
23) Cupcakes With Sparklers
24) Tuxedo Cupcakes
25) Black and White Great Gatsby Cupcakes
26) Buttercream Cupcakes With Gold-Tipped Feathers
27) Great Gatsby Cupcakes
29) Fancy New Year's Eve Cupcakes
Black and Gold Balloon Wall Display
In this video, I'm going to show you how I put together this super cute New Year's balloon wall featuring the cutest little mini balloon bouquet!
For this project, I got a hundred white balloons, a hundred gold balloons and a hundred black balloons—all 11 inches.
30) Gold Balloons With Giant Gold Speckled Balloons
31) Grey, Gold and White Wall Balloon Display
32) Gold Balloons With Fairy Lights
33) Silver Balloon Display Over Table
Ostrich Feather Centerpieces
Today we're going to be going over how to assemble an ostrich feather centerpiece. You really only need three pieces of equipment to assemble these centerpieces. All you need is a floral bouquet holder, an Eiffel tower vase, and ostrich feather plumes or drabs.
34) Large White Ostrich Feather Display
35) Ostrich Feather Table Centerpiece
36) Underlit Ostrich Feather Centerpiece
37) Giant Ostrich Feather Display
38) Ostrich Feather in a Gold Glitter Glass
New Year's Eve Backdrop
In this video, we'll show you how to set up the perfect New Year's Eve photo backdrop using backdrop panels on a pipe!
39) Gold Glitter Backdrop
40) Gold Glitter Backdrop for New Year's Eve
41) Silver Glitter Photo Backdrop
42) Silver Mosaic Photo Backdrop
Gatsby 1920s Flapper Girl Makeup Tutorial
I think I was born in the wrong era, but with a little help from my friend called "makeup," I can transform myself into the ultimate flapper girl!
Let's start off with foundation to help even out your skin with the stippling brush sponge or your clean fingers apply your foundation on your face. I prefer to apply my foundation first around the center of my face because I need a little more coverage here then the rest of my face.
43) Flapper Girl Smokey Eye Makeup
44) Flapper Girl With Pearl Necklace
45) Flapper Girl in Sparkly, Silver Dress
46) Flapper Girl With Silver Headband
47) Flapper Girl With Headband and Necklace
48) Flapper Girls Ready to Party
ezzly (author) on June 21, 2015:
Thanks Flourish :) pretty sparkle for a pretty sparkly lady !
FlourishAnyway from USA on June 19, 2015:
I love the tea light idea and acorn idea especially! Gorgeous and inexpensive.