Coffee Filter Monsters
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love creating spooky crafts and decorating the house with my son. We put on a fun Halloween movie or a silly Halloween music playlist and start creating. It's always a good time! Recently, we made these scary tie-dyed coffee filter monsters. They were incredibly easy to make and they turned out so cute!
Coffee Filter Monster Materials
- Coffee filters
- Washable markers (we like Crayola)
- A black permanent marker (we use Sharpie)
- A spray bottle of water (optional)
- Construction paper
Coffee Filter Monster Instructions
- Cover your workspace with newspaper. This craft can get a little messy.
- Color the coffee filters with washable markers. Use as many colors as you like and don't worry about leaving white spaces. The bigger markers work best.
- Use your spray bottle filled with water to saturate each coffee filter. If you don't have a spray bottle, put the colored coffee filter under running water for a second or two to get it wet. This is messy, so be careful!
- Lay the coffee filters flat on newspaper and let dry. This takes between 20 minutes to an hour.
- Once the coffee filters are dry, you're ready to create your monsters! Use construction paper to cut out eyes, mouths, eyebrows, horns, whatever you like! Be creative!
- Glue your creations to the coffee filter to create your scary monsters.
Follow This Step-By-Step Photo Gallery!
I have included a visual guide below:
Have fun and create as many monsters as you'd like!
© 2016 Alyssa