DIY Rustic Americana Summer Wreath
Summer is in the air! What better time to switch up your home decor? Wreaths are an easy way to add a touch of fun and elegance. I love to use items I have around the house to create unique decorations. Not only does this allow me to customize my decor, but it also gives new life to old items. Win-win!
This cute wreath is perfect to display all summer long! Most of the items you probably already have on hand, and if you don't, you can always improvise and make it more your own. That's the fun of DIY, after all!
- Wire hanger
- Floral wire
- Needle-nose pliers
- Old blue jeans
- Old shirts and pants: blue, red, and white
- 2 twist ties
- Use your pliers to unwind your wire hanger and reshape it into a circle.
- Take a small piece of floral wire and wrap it around the top of your circle to create a hook.
- Cut your fabric into 1 inch to 1.5 inch strips. Separate them into piles to make creating your wreath easier.
- Turn your circle over and begin knotting your fabric strips around your wire. You can create any color pattern you'd like. I chose to alternate between my blue jeans, old gingham shirt, old white jeans, and old red shirt to create a fun pattern.
- Continue knotting your fabric strips until you've covered your circle. Leave a little room for your clothespins.
- Flip your wreath over and fluff up your fabric pieces. Arrange your clothespins on the top. I used eight.
- Create a bow with your ribbon. I loosely followed the video below to create mine. Instead of a pipe cleaner, I used a twist tie to secure my five-looped bow.
- Using a twist tie, secure your ribbon to your wreath.
- Give your wreath a final fluff. Display on a wall or on your door.