Alyssa loves celebrating holidays and making fun crafts. She is a wife and mom who drinks a lot of coffee!
The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler, and the leaves are beginning to change color. Autumn is in the air. This is the season of over-sized, comfy sweaters, delicious hot caramel macchiatos, and pumpkin everything.
I love decorating the house for fall. I usually start the last week of September. We pull down our big cardboard box full of crafts and crafting supplies and set to work, turning our home into a fall, Halloween-inspired wonderland.
This recycled book pumpkin is adorable, and it's a perfect decoration for the autumn season. You can include it in your Halloween decor and leave it up through Thanksgiving. It only requires a few materials and is simple to make!
- Old book, preferably paperback.
- Utility Knife
- Tape or glue
- Thread, ribbon, any decorations you might want.
Steps 1 and 2
1. Start by removing the cover from your book, if it has one.
2. Draw a half pumpkin shape on your cardboard and cut it out.
Steps 3 and 4
3. Using your cardboard as a guide, begin cutting the book pages with your utility knife.
4. Keep cutting until you reach the end of the book.
Steps 5 and 6
5. Cut any extra pieces to shape your pumpkin.
6. Bend your pages back on each other to help your pumpkin stand on its own.
7. Tape or glue a stick to the back of your pumpkin.
8. You can leave your pumpkin flat, if you intend to place it on a shelf or against a wall. Otherwise, you can tape or glue the back pages together to give your pumpkin a rounded shape.
9. Decorate your pumpkin any way you wish. I added some copper colored metal thread to the stem for a glittery look.
Display your pumpkin as part of your Halloween decor and leave it out through Thanksgiving!
© 2017 Alyssa
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on September 28, 2017:
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on September 28, 2017:
You didn't lie, it is adorable! :)