Pyramid Diorama (Triarama) Templates & Directions
Easy Three-Dimensional Project Idea
The pyramid diorama is not a project for Ancient Egypt (although it could be). A pyramid diorama is a three-dimensional papercraft that you can use for a school project.
Sometimes a pyramid diorama is called a triarama. But they can have four sides as well as three.
Pyramid dioramas are great for narration, book reports, or unit study projects. After you make the base, you can embellish the triarama however you choose.
Language Arts Ideas
- recreate scenes from your novel
- showcase new vocabulary words
- outline a process in three or four steps
- give a biography of a famous scientist
- show aspects of daily life in an time of history
- explain three or four causes of a major event
Pyramid Diorama Step One: Make Squares
Pyramid Diorama Step Two: Fold Squares
How to Make a Triarama
The photos outline the steps you take.
- You start with squares (any size will do) and fold them on the diagonals.
- Then cut on any diagonal just to the center point.
- Overlap the two triangles adjacent to the cut and glue them together.
- Now you have a three -dimensional figure that will stand on its own.
- Make as many of these triangles as you want. Glue them together and use them as the base for your project.