I enjoy writing about creative and crafty things—the world can never have enough pretty things to look at!
Meet Your New Hobby: Painting on Rocks!
I have recently discovered the enjoyable craft of decorating stones. What's not to like? Your canvas is free! Okay, maybe it's not so free if you actually purchase a bag of stones from Michael's Crafts. But that's still okay. Stones are cheap no matter what! And if you have little kids and you want a project for a rainy day, a bag of Michael's stones can be your best friend!
What can you do with your finished, painted stones? Lots of things!
- Make them into magnets.
- Decorate your garden.
- Create seasonal decorations.
- Unleash your inner artist and create a mini masterpiece. (And if you make a mistake? It's okay. Just get another stone!)
- Have craft time with the kids (indoors or outside.)
- Make paperweights or gifts . . . or give paperweights as gifts. ( I think creating decorated stones for gifts is a great idea. Kids love to make them, and grandparents love to get them.)
- Make your very own pet rock (with google eyes, bows, or hair attached)
- Write inspirational messages on them.
- Sell your creations! If you get good enough, that is . . . there are plenty of Etsy shops that feature artsy stones for sale.
- A million other things I haven't thought of yet!