DIY Your Nursery Dresser or Shelf in 5 Easy Steps
What You'll Need
- Paint (I chose spray paint)
- Painter's tape (if you use more than one color)
- Finishing Gloss or Matte
- Cute Fabric
- Razor Blade
- Knobs and Pulls
- A Vision
1. Sand Your Dresser. This is a long and arduous process, so you may want to invest in an electric sander.
2. Once you've completely sanded your dresser, begin painting! Tape off the appropriate areas if you're using more than one color. Allow the paint to dry completely before adding the finishing coat.
3. Add your hardware! I chose to buy new knobs and simply painted the old pulls.
4. It's time to spice things up with a fun fabric! Cut your fabric to the correct size. You can use a ruler or tape measure if you want to be super exact, but I just pressed the fabric into the open space and used a razor blade to cut the excess.
5. Paint a layer of ModPodge onto the dresser and lay your fabric down. Cover the fabric with a few layers of ModPodge until it's secure. Allow enough drying time in between layers!
- If you want to get extra fancy, you can even add fabric to the insides of drawers. However, I was eight months pregnant when I was making this and had enough of the nonsense.
After everything dries, you're good to go! Enjoy your new dresser!