Deborah is a craft enthusiast. She particularly enjoys creating crafts with a special theme.
Easy Halloween Crafts for Kids
Kids love these Halloween bookmarks. They are a fun and easy project and only need a few supplies.
In This Article
- Round jack-o'-lantern bookmarks
- Popsicle bookmarks (pumpkins and mummies)
- Traditional jack-o'-lantern bookmarks
Craft 1: Round Jack-o'-Lantern Bookmark
Every time you open that creepy book you're reading, this round jack-o’-lantern bookmark will be grinning up at you making Halloween reading even more fun.
- Orange felt
- Black felt
- Orange tassel
- Orange yarn
- Hot glue
- Cut circles out of black and orange felt. I decided to use a Mason jar lid to trace my circle because it was just the right size.
- Draw the jack-o’-lantern face on the orange circle and then cut it out. This is where you can get more creative, and kids can design how scary or happy their bookmark will look.
- Hot glue the orange jack-o’-lantern face onto the black circle. Be careful to not let the glue show through the cut-out eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cut a 4-inch piece of yarn. Glue one end of the piece of yarn to the top corner of the circle.
- Slip the tassel onto the yarn, and glue the other end of yarn onto the top front of jack-o'-lantern face.
You're finished! This bookmark will add a Halloween chuckle to your collection.
Craft 1: Step-by-Step Photos
Craft 2: Popsicle Stick Bookmarks (Pumpkins and Mummies)
These pumpkin face and mummy bookmarks are a really easy craft and a lot of fun for kids to make.
- Popsicle sticks (at least 1-inch wide)
- Orange and black paint
- Green and white paint (optional)
- Craft pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
Pumpkin Bookmark Instructions
- Paint the popsicle stick orange and let the paint dry completely.
- Paint the jack-o’-lantern face with black paint at the top of the popsicle stick.
Be sure to let it dry completely before putting it in your favorite book.
Mummy Bookmark Instructions
- Paint the popsicle stick white or green.
- Hot glue googly eyes onto the top of the popsicle stick, leaving some room at the top.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the top of the popsicle stick and hot glue the end onto the back.
- Wrap another pipe cleaner below the eyes to complete the mummy look.
Craft 2: Step-by-Step Photos
Craft 3: Traditional Jack-o'-Lantern Bookmark
To make these bookmarks, you will need the following items.
- Orange and black felt
- Hot glue
- Cut orange felt 8 1/4" x 2 1/4".
- Cut black felt into jack-o’-lantern face shapes. Little triangles work best for this craft.
- Glue black pieces onto the orange felt.
- Glue yarn on one end.
- Slip tassel onto the yarn.
- Glue the other end of the yarn to the back of the bookmark.
Craft 3: Step-by-Step Photos
Trick or Treat!
Have fun creating one or all of these Halloween bookmarks. Happy Halloween!
More Crafting Fun
- Three Ways to Make DIY Tassels
Tassels are a great addition to many craft projects. Tassels can be pricey, especially if quite a few are needed. Here are three ways to make your own tassels.
- 3 Creative DIY Harry Potter Crafts
It's a fun time to be a Harry Potter fan. Here are three simple DIYs that require few materials and allow you to dabble in the magical world of witches and wizards.
Amnah Tariq from Pakistan on October 27, 2018:
I like these Ideas especially the Lollipop bookmark. will definitely make one of these.
Sherry Hewins from Sierra Foothills, CA on October 26, 2018:
Those look super easy and fun!