Make Money Using Your Cricut: 4 Product Ideas
What is a Cricut machine?
If you are new to the crafting world, a Cricut machine is a die-cut machine that can cut various materials to use for a variety of craft projects. You can also purchase different accessories such as the software Sure Cuts A Lot2, which enables you to cut whatever you want without having to buy expensive cartridges.
Here's what you'll need for basic cutting ability:
- Cricut machine
- Cutting mat
- Extra blades
- Cartridges based on your project (if you chose not to purchase the software).
- Material to cut
The Cricut allows you to cut paper, vinyl, heat-transfer vinyl, and fabric. It can even draw or type on paper. All of these options mean that you can make just about anything with the help of this machine. I'll go over several cool projects you can make to sell at craft shows, fairs, or online to help you make some extra money while enjoying your craft.
1. Personalized Tumblers
A very popular project has been personalized tumblers. People like to make these as gifts for teachers, coaches, or entire teams. You can personalize them for just about anything: favorite sports teams, sororities, hobbies, weddings, holidays, etc.
What You'll Need:
- Tumbler: You can purchase them from online wholesalers for cheaper prices. The larger quantities you buy, the cheaper they are.
- Vinyl: You need various colors of high-quality sign vinyl.
- Cricut Machine
2. Window Decals
Window Decals are a cheap way to make personalized gifts that can also be sold. All you need is high-quality sign vinyl and some transfer tape.
3. T-shirts, Hoodies, and Bags
A fantastic way to make some money using your Cricut machine is to make personalized garments for teams, sororities, clubs, and family events. You can purchase blank shirts for a few dollars and heat-transfer vinyl for as little as a dollar per foot. This depends on what kind of vinyl you buy.
Here are a few options you can consider:
- Hoodies: They're a great choice for the cooler months.
- Sports Bags, Book Bags, and Totes: These can also be personalized so nobody walks away with the wrong bag.
- Camping Chairs: You can customize them so you don't take home someone else's chair.
- Dish Towels, Hand Towels, or Washcloths: These would make great housewarming gifts.
- The options are endless!
You could sell these goods to team parents who want to show their support for their kids on the sidelines, people who are planning a family reunion, or anyone who wants a personalized shirt.
4. Personalized Artwork
You can create artwork several different ways with your Cricut machine.
- Customized Frames. Remove the back of a picture frame and stick vinyl directly onto the glass. These could have monograms, family names, fun quotes, etc.
- Signs. Use pallet wood as a single piece or several strips glued together depending on the size you need. Stick the vinyl on the wood, spray paint over it, and peel the stickers off once it's dry. Bam! You have a sign with perfect lettering.
- Wall Decals. This is very similar to window decals, but you can place them directly on a wall to personalize any room in your home.