Rachel enjoys writing, photography, crafting, and filmmaking.
- 2 jewelry boxes of equal size with the little cotton inserts (if they don't have the inserts, you can use cotton balls or quilt batting)
- Fabric scraps and trim. You'll need one larger square of fabric for the “sheets” of the bed, two smaller squares for the quilt, and one longer rectangle for the pillow. Measure these to size after you have assembled the base of the bed. Don't forget to allow seam allowances for the pillow and blanket!
- Glue: Hot glue gun or just regular, strong glue
- Masking tape
- Small plastic lid, such as from a yogurt container
- Cotton balls or other stuffing material
Read More From Feltmagnet
1. Assemble the Bed Frame
- Glue the two box lids together side by side (see photo #1). You will probably need to use a little masking tape to help hold them together.
- Glue the each of the boxes upside down on the lids, leaving a ledge for the yogurt lid (which will be your headboard). (see photo #2) You will probably need to use a LOT of masking tape to help hold them together! Don't worry, the bedding will cover all the tape.
- Cut the bottom edge off the yogurt lid and glue it on the ledge you left (photo #3).
2. Decorate the Bed
- Glue your cotton inserts to the top of the bed for the mattress (photo #4).
- Cut a rectangle of fabric big enough to come almost to the very bottom of the bed. Measure around the bottom of the bed and cut a piece of trim to go around the bottom (photo #5).
- Carefully glue the fabric to the bed, folding in the corners near the end (photo #6).
- Glue the trim around the bottom edge (photo #7).
- Measure and cut two pieces of fabric big enough for the blanket plus a seam allowance. Sew them together (photo #8). Make the pillow the same way and stuff it with something soft, like cotton or all those bits of yarn you never use.
- Put the quilt and pillow on top of the bed, and enjoy your miniature bed! This would make a great gift for a young doll-lover, or even to display on your own shelves.
The Finished Product
© 2017 Rachel