Easy Alien Craft Ideas for Kids
Alien Crafts for Kids
Fun and Easy Space Crafts for Kids
If your kids love anything to do with outer space, they will love these fun alien craft ideas. Let their imagination carry them away to galaxies unknown with an easy to make alien spaceship or hand puppet. Watch the creativity flow while they create an alien out of balloons or spooky looking alien inspired candles. The one thing that's for sure is that all of these project ideas are out of this world fun!
The best thing about these ideas is they make great group projects or fun decorations for an outer space birthday party. You can even use these ideas as cool Halloween activities to make with your kids which can later be used as spooky home décor. Read further to find a list of supplies and step-by-step directions for creating each alien themed craft idea.
How to Make an Alien SpaceshipClick thumbnail to view full-size
Fun Alien Jokes for Kids
Where does an alien park his spaceship?
A parking meteor!
What did the alien say to the garden?
Take me to your weeder!
How do you get a baby alien to sleep?
You have to rock-et!
What do you call a pan floating in space?
An unidentified frying object!
What is an alien's favorite snack?
What did the alien say to the cat?
Take me to your litter!
What did the alien say to his girlfriend?
You are out of this world!
Alien Spaceship Craft
If your child has a curiosity about UFOs, you should try making this super easy alien spaceship craft. Let your kids use their imagination and blast off to outer space with this budget-friendly art project. Below you will find a list of needed supplies and step-by-step directions for creating an alien spaceship.
- Plastic bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Empty mandarin orange container
- Green pom poms (2)
- Googly eyes (3)
- Black paint
- Gold glitter glue
- Wrap a plastic bowl completely with aluminum foil.
- Glue 2 green pom poms together and add googly eyes to create the alien.
- Use glue to attach the alien to the top of the bowl.
- Place the empty mandarin orange container over the alien. Add glue to secure the container in place.
- Paint a black ring around the alien capsule and edge of bowl. Paint black windows around the center of the spaceship.
- Dot the top and bottom edge of the bowl with gold glitter glue to create the lights on the spaceship.
How to Make an Alien Hand PuppetClick thumbnail to view full-size
Alien Hand Puppet Craft
This next alien craft idea is perfect for kids of all ages. An alien hand puppet is a great art project which allows children to use their creativity and imagination when coming up with the overall look of their alien. If you like the design of our puppet, below you will find the supplies and directions we followed to make this craft.
- Gift bag or paper bag
- White, black, and red construction paper
- Black pipe cleaner
- White pom poms (2)
- For our puppet, we cut the handles off of a green gift bag. You could also use a paper bag covered with green wrapping paper or construction paper.
- Bend and attach the black pipe cleaner to the back of the bag with tape. Glue 2 white pom poms to the ends to create the antennae.
- Cut out 3 white and black circles out of construction paper to create the eyes. Glue these to the front flap of the bag.
- Cut out a red rectangle out of construction paper and glue it under the flap of the bag to create the inside of the mouth.
- Create the teeth out of white construction paper. Position and glue the teeth where they are hanging outside of the mouth.
- Trace and cut out your child's hand prints from black construction paper. Use glue to secure the hands to both sides of the bag.
How to Make an Alien BalloonClick thumbnail to view full-size
Alien Balloon Craft
Another fun craft idea for kids is the alien balloon craft. This easy project makes a great decoration for outer space birthday parties and a fun party favor to give out to your guests. You could even save this idea as a fun craft project to keep the kids entertained during the party. Here are the supplies and simple directions to follow for making your very own balloon alien.
- Balloons (2)
- Permanent black marker
- Green construction paper
- Blow up and tie the ends of two balloons together to create the alien's head and body.
- Use a permanent black marker to draw the alien's eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cut out 4 long strips out of green construction paper. Bend the strips of paper back and forth to create the arms and legs. Use tape to secure these strips to the alien's body.
How to Make an Alien CandleClick thumbnail to view full-size
Choice of Color for the Candle
- The original plan for this craft was to use black candles, but unfortunately we could not find any at the time of this project. My son chose red candles because he said it would look like the alien's blood once it melted. You got to love the mind of a 6 year old boy!
Alien Candle Craft
Our final easy alien craft idea for kids is turning a plain candle into a spooky alien candle. This project is another one that would spice up an outer space birthday party or would even make a cute decoration and fun kid activity for Halloween. Below you will find the supplies you will need and easy to follow directions for making an alien inspired candle.
- Plain colored candle
- Green napkin
- Mod podge
- Foam brush
- Black marker
- Spread out a green napkin and lightly iron out the creases to create a smooth surface.
- Trim your napkin with a pair of scissors to fit your candle.
- Use a foam brush to spread a light layer of mod podge over the candle and carefully wrap the napkin around it.
- After the mod podge dries, carefully spread another light layer over the napkin to secure it to the candle.
Alien Craft Poll
Which alien craft idea is your favorite?
Fun Space Activities for Kids
As you can see, all of the above alien inspired space activities are super easy to make and very budget-friendly. I always try to find crafts that use everyday household items and turn them into fun projects for the kids to make. As an added bonus, I now have some pretty cool decorations to display when it comes time for Halloween.
Along with these easy alien crafts, you can also keep the outer space fun going by making some yummy treats for the kids to eat. You should try out some fun alien snack ideas, rocketship chicken roll-ups,or maybe a batch of solar system cupcakes for dessert. With these fun recipes, your little space explorer is sure to be beaming from ear to ear!
I hope you found some fun and easy alien craft ideas to make with your kids. If you have any questions or comments about any of the above art projects, feel free to share them in the comment section below.