DIY Decorative Headphone Case
- Multiple colors of nail polish
- A top coat (preferably gloss or glitter)
- A ‘sacrificial’ / art bowl (one that you don't mind getting covered in nail polish)
- Headphone case
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton swabs
- Tooth picks
- Cold water
You should have a window open to make sure there is enough air in the room.
This craft is suitable for kids (but adults should supervise kids who are seven or younger).
- Set up: Fill the bowl with cold water and remove the headphones from the case. Set the cover on the side. Using the string, tie it around in the dip so you can hold it when lowering it into the water bath.
- Nail Polish: Pour some nail polish into the water bath at random. Then swirl it around using a toothpick before it hardens (you need to act quickly!)
- Applying the Design: Slowly lower the headphone case into the bath and push it under with the toothpick. Allow it to resurface, and then remove the excess nail polish with another toothpick. Hang it up using the string and allow at least 30 minutes drying time. Afterwards, apply a top coat to the back side.
- Optional: If there is dry nail polish in the seams, remove it using nail polish remover and cotton swabs. This will be necessary if it is an iPhone case, as otherwise it won't allow it to close properly.
- Enjoy your unique headphone case!
Make sure to use cold water as hot water will make the nail polish harden much more quickly, which will not allow time to swirl the colours to get a marbled design.
This technique would also result in a stellar phone case!
This is based off of personal experience and multiple trials.
© 2017 Monique K-G