The Best Time of the Year for Crafts
There’s something about this magical festive season that just makes you want to grab all your art supplies and start crafting with your kids! I love popping on all my favorite Christmas songs in the background to make the atmosphere even more festive.
So why not have a look through all the amazing crafts below and see which ones you and your kids will love to to craft this Christmas season?
Today I'm going to show you how to make the cutest sock snowman out of a plain white sock! Start with a new clean white men's sock that doesn't have any other coloring on the heels or anywhere else.
Cut straight across the sock just under the heel now turn the sock inside out so that it's soft and fluffy on the outside and you don't see the lines as much on the sock. You're going to need about three cups of rice for every sock snowman you make open up your sock and place a large funnel inside.
This will help you to get the rice inside the sock without spilling everywhere. You'll want to bounce the sock down a few times on the table and pull it up so that it stretches the sock out so you can fill it up with more rice!
1) Adorable sock snowman with red scarf
2) Cute sock snowman
3) DIY sock snowman with grey and white scarf
4) Easy sock snowman with grey hats
5) Festive sock snowman with mistletoe decoration
6) Gorgeous sock snowman with love heart buttons
7) Lovely sock snowman with red buttons
8) Merry Christmas sock snowman
9) Sock snowman with red and black scarf
10) Sock snowmen brothers
DIY Holiday Winter Classroom Doors
Learn how to create three different Christmas classroom doors with the video below. For the first door you'll create a gingerbread house. Start off by putting the brown paper on as a base, then place strips of red and white paper at the sides.
Next up, add the snow shaped paper at the top and your tiny door cutout at the bottom. Then use a plastic picture frame to create the lollipop stand in the center of the door!
11) Chillin' with my gnomies
12) Fireplace and stockings for Christmas door
13) Gingerbread door decoration
14) I came in like a Christmas ball
15) Rudolph the red nose reindeer
16) Santas workshop
17) Snowman on a swing
18) Snowmen putting star on a Christmas tree
19) Take a selfie
20) Upside down Olaf with Christmas lights
10 different DIY Christmas cards for kids to make
If you're sick of store bought cards and want to send something a little more personal this year then why not grab your little ones and craft some of these amazing cards in the tutorial below.
Some of the cards you'll learn how to make are: Chapters: 3D Christmas tree cards, Santa’s cute face card, Frosty The Snowman card and a folded Christmas tree card etc
21) Button ornaments card
22) Christmas tree made from strips of color paper
23) Felt snowman cards
24) Fingerprint snowman Christmas card
25) Handmade button Christmas greeting cards
26) Handprint Christmas card with birds on branches
27) Jolly fingerprint snowman Christmas card
28) Joy to the world snowman card
29) Our family handprint Christmas tree
30) Snowmen singing in the snow
How to Make 4 Easy Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments
Who doesn't love a good ol’ popsicle stick craft, especially when they're Christmas themed ones! The great thing about them is that you can make virtually any type of festive craft you want and if you get down to your local dollar store you can buy a bulk box that will keep you going right throughout the year!
So check out the tutorial below where you'll learn how to make a Christmas tree ornament, a snowman ornament, Santa hat ornament and a star ornament. You'll only need basic DIY skills and other than the popsicle sticks you probably have most of the other art supplies lying round your home.
31) Baby Jesus popsicle craft
32) Christmas owl popsicle stick craft
33) Christmas popsicle stick characters
34) Christmas tree popsicle stick craft
35) Popsicle stick Christmas houses
36) Popsicle stick sleds
37) Red cars with Christmas trees
38) Robin & holly ornament
39) Santa, snowman & reindeer popsicle stick crafts
40) Various Christmas ornaments made from popsicle sticks
DIY Dollar Tree Wood Block Christmas Crafts
For the next DIY, I'm going to be making a snowman using a scrap piece of wood. So to start I go ahead and give it a nice base coat with some white we really chalk paint and then I start adding on all the details and I paint on the eyes, the carrot nose and the mouth!
Next I'm going to take two of these mini wooden snowflakes from hobby lobby and I'm going to glue them onto the front of my snowman for the buttons and then I'm going to take some burlap ribbon and I'm going to glue that to the top of my snowman's head to make a hat I used a two and a half inch sized ribbon however it wasn't quite large enough to scrunch up at the top to make the hat so I glued another piece of the ribbon on to the top of that one.
41) Hand painted wood Christmas characters such as penguin & snowmen with hats
42) Books for Christmas
43) Christmas reindeer block
44) Faux presents made from a block of wood
45) Its the most wonderful time of the year
46) Penguin wood block
47) Snowmen family
48) Wood block Christmas gifts
49) Wood block snowman with red scarf
50) Wood block snowmen
Easy Christmas crafts With Toilet Paper Rolls
Learn how to make some amazing Christmas crafts with the most simple supplies: toilet paper rolls! In the video below you'll learn how to make the Grinch, Olaf the snowman, Santa Claus, Rudolph the red nose reindeer and so much more!