Where to start...
My name is Kara and I live in Quebec City, Canada with my sweet little Quebecois son and my loving British boyfriend.
My unforgettable life changing experiences started when I moved to Quebec back in 2011, which was the same year my son was born.
Not only have I been through some rollercoaster experiences, but I have learned to grow from being out of my comfort zone on a daily basis; being an anglophone in a francophone world.
I wouldn't change any experience I have had; good or bad. This has built me up to the person I am today, who I can honestly say I am quite proud of.
Learning a new language has been exciting, frustrating, stimulating and challenging at times. It has truly been an enriching and enlightening experience living in Quebec, that I decided to stay here permanently.
My favourite pasttimes are:
- Family time
- Walking our big polar bear of a dog Paddington (aka: Paddy bear)
- Swimming (Not professional, just in our pool)
- Long walks
- Helping my honey with our bees (no pun intended, wink wink)
- Snowboarding (Got to love Quebec for all the winter activities)
- Cross-country skiiing
- Watching old movies, especially musicals
- Listening to music and my boyfriend's jams
- Writing (As of recently)
Well that is me in a nutshell. I could go on but then you wouldn't have time to read my articles!
Ciao for now, or as the French say, à la prochaine!